The Moran Clan

The Moran Clan

Monday, March 29, 2010

May 29th, 2010. Back tracking.

Unfortunately it has been a while since I have posted, and for that I am sorry. Since December 6th 09 (my last post) So much has happened. Kayla started crawling December 11th and 12th which happens to be Chris and my birthdays. It was so cool to see our daughter make her first movement achievement. Chris, Kayla and I went to St. Louis to visit Annie, Mark and Rachael for Christmas. That trip was so much fun. It was Kayla's first road trip. We left on December 22cd at 6pm in hopes that Kayla would sleep the whole way there. The trip was 14 hours long... Uggh! Kayla did sleep most of the way, but woke up around 3am screaming and battled sleep the rest of the way. On December 24th Chris and I joined in holy matrimony. The ceremony was performed by Mark (Chris's dad) In front of the family Christmas Tree. It was really special and a time to cherish forever. December 25th was Kayla's first Christmas :-) It was such a Joy to see Kayla attempting to open her presents and just enjoying being around mommy, daddy, Mimi, Papa, Aunt Rachael and Aunt Kai. I enjoyed Christmas seeing it through my Daughters eyes. I so look forward to all the Christmas's to come. The trip back home from St.Louis was a bit harder. Needless to say, I don't think we will be making that drive again. :-)

January and February flew by in a blink of a eye. In that time Kayla got her two bottom teeth and her two front teeth broke skin at the end of February. Just in time for her 9 month check up. Kayla has been right on schedule with hitting milestones. At her 9 month check up which was March 04, 2010 she was 27 and 3/4ths in. long which puts her in the 50-75th percentile of growth. She was 20lbs 12.50z which puts her in the 75-90th percentile of weight and her head measured 17ins which puts her in the 25th percentile of head growth. Surprisingly she is now back on the charts according to growth. At her 6 month check up, she was considered off the charts. By March Kayla had become a Champion crawler and is pulling her self up onto furniture and cruising. March 16th through the 18th Kayla and I joined Nana, Uncle J.t., Uncle Caleb, Aunt Christa, Aunt Sarah, Aunt Michelle, Uncle Micah, Aunt Lisa, Aunt Becky, Uncle Glenn, Cousin Isaiah, Cousin Kate and Cousin Leah on a trip to Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. We all had SO much fun and Kayla really enjoyed it. We took Kayla on all the rides she could go on and we snuck her on a few. Not to worry though, They were all rides she could go on. Kayla said her first recognizable word March 26th. She said HI.. We were going over to my mom's house to get some more wedding reception stuff done and I holding Kayla walked into the garage where my mom was sorting some stuff out. I greeted my Mom with a HI and to all of our surprise Kayla said Hi too.. Since then she has been saying Hi regularly. Besides Hi, Kayla says the normal Mamama, Dadada and Nanana.. On March 27th we took Kayla to her first picnic lunch at Creekside park. We met up with some of the couples from Our small group who have young children too. One being a 7month old and the other a 9month old. Also Kayla's Aunt Becky, Uncle Glenn and Cousins Kate and Leah were there too. We took pictures of Kayla in the blue bonnets and pushed her in the swings. We all had a Lovely day. The only Bad thing was the Sun. It was really sunny and unfortunately almost all of us got a sun burn :-(.

Today, Kayla and I started the day wonderfully. She woke up at 8:30am giggling and smiling. I fed her yogurt and some cinnamon bagel for breakfast and we played most of the morning. I showered Kayla and fed her lunch around 11:30pm. I put Kayla down for nap close 12pm and she has been asleep since. It is now 2:42pm. When Kayla gets up, We are going to run some errands and clean house until Daddy gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment